Sunday, May 18, 2014

Bloggers Quilt Festival

This week is Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side. Pretty convenient timing considering this weekend was also International Quilt Market. Was everyone as sad as I was that I couldn't attend? My jealousy levels spiked while perusing my IG feed this week. ;)

For this season's festival, I decided to enter in two quilts. 

The first one is this Birthday Quilt that I made back in January. You can find the original blog post HERE. There are 15 hand prints appliqued to this quilt and I really really love the way it turned out! I do wish that I had gotten better pictures of it before it was sent off to it's owner, but the weather just wasn't cutting it for such a springy quilt! I used mostly Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille for Moda.

 I am also entering in my Doll Quilt from a group swap on Flickr. I really enjoyed making this little whimsical doll quilt for my partner. It's got a little guy throwing a paper airplane and a little girl swinging on a swing. It's something fun and playful and imaginative!








10 comments:

  1. I like them both - very happy looking quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your mini! It is darling and so imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet quilts, both of them! The detail in the mini is charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. both are lovely, the mini is my fave though :) It is just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The mini is my fav as well. Lovely job on both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like you mini, very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful projects! Your mini is adorable:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. is there a significance to the hand prints? I love the mini, so cool!

    ReplyDelete