Friday, October 30, 2015

Quilt Market Recap - Houston 2015

It's been too long since I wrote a blog post. My life has literally been a whirlwind in the past 6 months. Summer took an unexpected turn when my youngest son, who had just turned 4, was involved in a freak accident that left him with nothing more than a broken leg. He was put in a body cast for several weeks, and life was emotionally and physically exhausting for the both of us. Just 24 hours prior to his accident, I received a grim prognosis for my ESA and companion, Millie. I had to put her down just days after my son's accident. I wasn't at all prepared for these two events, but life throws us curve-balls when we aren't prepared, right?

About the same time, I started working as an independent contractor for Shannon Fabrics. What started as a trial run soon turned into a regular job for me and I couldn't have asked for a greater company to work for.

They allowed me to travel and participate in Quilt Market last weekend. After the summer, the 5 days of sweating, visiting, walking, physical labor, and stress of deadlines, turned out to be the most relaxing 5 days I have had in years. I came back rejuvenated, with a new outlook on things, and more excited than ever about this industry we all love so much. I met so many new people. I put faces to names. I learned a lot. And even though I mostly felt like I was a little out of place, everyone was so welcoming and kind.

I really can't wait for my next adventure, and I truly hope its an opportunity to meet so many more of you out there. Quilt market in Salt Lake City is going to be even better, and I'll be more prepared. I hope you all get a chance to attend at least one event like it. It's inspiring.






















No comments:

Post a Comment